Car Battery Replacement near Me
Drivers in the Santa Fe, White Rock, and La Cienega areas know that a car battery is one of the most important components to their vehicle. Not only does the battery power the stereo and interior lights, but it also helps your vehicle’s ignition. Car batteries need to be replaced from time to time, so you’ll need to know when that time comes for your specific vehicle.
At Land Rover Santa Fe, we’re here to help local drivers like yourself learn more about car batteries. We’ll also tell you when you’ll need to schedule a car battery replacement so that you can keep your vehicle performing smoothly on the road. Read through the information below and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
How Long Does My Car Battery Last?
Car batteries can last between four to six years depending on how long it can hold its charge and if it’s capable of being recharged. While your battery can last for a significant amount of time, there are some factors that can affect your car battery and its lifespan, sometimes resulting in a more frequent car battery replacement.
What Can Make My Car Battery Wear Early?
There are a few factors that can contribute to your battery dying prematurely, but temperature is the main culprit. Extreme heat and cold can affect the inside of the battery. The varying temperatures can inspire a chemical reaction inside the battery casing which over time can lead to that casing becoming bulged or cracked.
Improper car battery care can also cause it to wear early, so you’ll want to make sure that it’s always fully charged. Don’t leave the lights on or your accessories plugged in. Also, make sure when you bring your vehicle in for routine maintenance that the battery is always checked. This will help make sure the battery runs well for a long time. It also helps determine when the battery has to get replaced before it’s too late.
How Can I Tell if My Car Battery Is Dying?
While it’s never fun when your car battery is dying, you can usually spot its untimely demise in a variety of ways; all you have to do is look out for the signs that tell you the battery needs repair. Be on the lookout for the following:
- Complications with electrical components:You may see flickering lights and gauges as well as the audio fading in and out.
- Battery dashboard light:If your onboard computer senses an imminent battery failure or issue, it’ll flash this warning light on your dashboard.
- Struggling to start:This happens when you turn the key but your vehicle struggles to get started. This is a sign that your battery is on its way out.
- Cracked or swollen battery case:This occurs when your battery endures extreme temperatures. It can cause a chemical reaction inside the battery that’ll bloat and cause the casing to crack or bulge.
- Pungent odors: When you can smell rotten eggs inside your car, it could be the gas or acid leaking out of your battery. If this occurs, see a technician immediately before the acid drips onto essential and costly engine components.
- Old age:Like we mentioned before, a battery can last between four and six years. If that time is coming up, get it tested by a professional to see how much time you have left. If you’re not sure how old your battery is, there should be a manufacturer date on the battery case.
Replacing a Car Battery near Me
If the car battery needs to be replaced, there are several steps to take:
- Check your owner’s manual for the exact location of the battery as it can vary by model.
- Identify the positive and negative posts along with the cables attached to each.
- Remove the cable and terminal from the negative (black) battery post, then do the same for the positive (red) one.
- Remove the clamp or retaining system holding the battery in place and carefully lift the battery out.
- Insert the new battery, making sure the positive and negative posts match up to the correct terminals.
- Secure the battery with the clamp or retaining system.
While this process can be done by yourself, this is something that’s best left to the professionals. If your car battery needs to be replaced, bring your vehicle to our state-of-the-art service center. Here, our certified technicians will handle the work quickly and efficiently. Plus, we’ll equip your automobile with a high-quality battery to make sure it runs well for a long time.
Finding Car Batteries near Me
Whether you’ve noticed any of the aforementioned signs or your battery is just getting old, it’s important to think about getting a car battery replacement sooner rather than later. Drivers around Santa Fe, White Rock, and La Cienega can always come see us at our service centerat Land Rover Santa Fe for assistance. We’d be happy to take a look and let you know how your battery is holding up or if you’ll need a replacement.
Don’t wait—schedule your service with us today!